Friday, September 05, 2008

Day Off - Updated




Today, I went to the bioinformatics class which I am only attending without having enrolled in it. The professor did not come and gave us no excuses for his absence. I consider the more the professor shows he is committed to the subject, the more he can catch the attention and hearts of students.

I am almost to the point of not going to those classes anymore. I feel it will be fruitless to me and that it would be much more sensible to prepare me to do the admission exam on geophysics.

A little update here: As my blog friend, Juan Julián Merelo Guervós, said in the comments box, the bioinformatics professor's absence has to do with one of the Seven Deadly Sins: Sloth! :)

Well, it is very plausible. :)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's one of the seven deadly sins, right? Sloth

05 September, 2008 12:53  
Blogger Marcelo said...

Hi, JJ!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! :D :D :D :D :D

Very very very Good, JJ!!

Yeah, JJ, it's one of the seven deadly sins! :)

I thought I would not face so quickly how those sins are present in a bioinformatics course.

There is an email list of that course and I am pondering if I send or not the link to the Seven Deadly Sins In Bioinformatics presentation. If I did it, maybe, I would face another deadly sin: Wrath! :)

Very good (and *funny*) comment, JJ! :)

Até!

Marcelo

05 September, 2008 16:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you read "Surely you are joking, Mr. Feynman?". He spent a whole year in Brazil, if I remember correctly. Probably not much has changed since then.
BTW, it happens in Spain too. Probably not so much in engineering and sciences, but only because the age of the professors is lower.

10 September, 2008 03:13  
Blogger Marcelo said...

Hi, JJ!

Yeah! I read that book during my waiting time while the classes at university had not started. I think it was along the second semester of 2002. Richard Feynman experimented the Brazilian samba (of course) and the local beaches we have here.

He spent almost two (non-consecutive) years here, mainly at Rio De Janeiro.

The Brazilian layman mentality has not changed so much (football, beer, samba, pagode, sassy women, and so on), but some educated people hold a different way of thinking and the most part of those persons would like to leave Brazil (including me!). :)

Brazil is not a serious country.

Até!

Marcelo

10 September, 2008 09:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Charles Darwin Has A Posse Check Google Page Rank